Are you in the market for a swimming pool robot vacuum cleaner? It is undeniable that there are so many on the market, you’ll find it difficult to choose.
This is the right article to help you find the best pool vacuum cleaner robot. The cleaners in this post were selected based on the following factors:
- Reasonable pricing.
- Option for use with above ground and inground pools.
- High ratings.
- Ease of use.
Features a Good Swimming Pool Robot Vacuum Cleaner
One question most people like you have found difficult to answer is what pool vacuum cleaner robot is the best?
The answer is relative. You probably didn’t expect that sort of answer, but it’s a simple truth and there’s a reason.
The reason is simple, there are so many and each one comes with its unique pros and cons. Apart from this, there’s the fact some of the features presented by certain cleaner may not suit you. On the other hand, it’ll be perfect for someone else. A classic case of “one man’s meat is another’s poison.”
We have put together five key features a great pool vacuum cleaner robot should have below.
- Reliable and dependable. This is the easiest to figure out. When you spend a lot on any piece of equipment, you expect it to last.
- Top-notch brushes. The most important parts of these pieces of equipment are the brushes, after all, they do all the hard work. Two types of brushes come highly recommended for the results they produce. Rotating rubber brushes and hard-bristle brushes are great for stubborn dirt and debris removal.
- Great wheels. The wheels don’t need to be super-fast. They just need to take your swimming pool robot vacuum cleaner anywhere in the pool. Your best bet is definitely a four-wheel-drive having wide enough tires.
- Programmable and smart features. The idea behind using robotic cleaners is to enjoy programming them. These days, manufacturers embed certain smart features that make use of AI. The features are expected to make these devices clean your pools faster and more efficiently.
- Climbing stairs. To ensure that both your pool and the stairs are clean, the cleaner should have the ability to climb stairs. Most cleaners these days have this ability.
The Bestselling Swimming Pool Robot Vacuum Cleaners
To help narrow down your decision, these are the top swimming pool robot vacuum cleaners for 2019. We’ve included their pros and cons as well.
Dolphin Nautilus Plus – Editor’s Pick
There are several reasons why the Dolphin Nautilus Plus is rated as the best pool vacuum cleaner robot in 2023. With a weight of 22lbs and a 2-year warranty, there’s so much to look forward to with this cleaner.
The extra-large filter cartridge system can be accessed from the top making it easy to clean. Then there’s the CleverClean Technology which is designed with a swivel system that is patented to the manufacturers. It makes the cleaning process free of tangles while scrubbing, filtering, and vacuuming the walls, floors, and waterline of your inground pool. It has the ability to do all of these for a 50 feet long pool in less than 2.5 hours.
There’s more!!! The Dolphin Nautilus Plus has a software which allows it to scan your pool’s dimensions. With this, it can clean up the pool regardless of its surface, shape, or size. The PowerClean Brush spins at a high RPM to ensure that even the toughest algae, bacteria, biofilm, and dirt are completely removed.
One advantage it has over other swimming pool robot vacuum cleaner models is the rubber tracks. These allow it to grip the walls and surface of pools firmly as it cleans. It comes with a weekly timer necessary for ensuring automated operations. The Release Water Filter makes it easy to dispel filtered water within 6 seconds.
The Easy-Fix modular components can be replaced easily and are more affordable than those from other brands. It is not difficult to see why this is the best pool vacuum cleaner robot when you have all of these and more for just a little under $1000.
Dolphin Premier Robotic
Dolphin seems to be seizing the pool cleaning market with yet another efficient cleaner in the Premier Robotic. This device comes with dual scrubbing brushes which do the work of scrubbing and vacuuming your pool efficiently.
There is an upgrade to the Smart-Nav microprocessor-controlled software. This simple tweak means that the electricity consumption of this cleaner is reduced by close to 87%. Added to this, as cleaning is ongoing, the software scans for leftover debris and at the same develop optimal designs to clean faster.
What’s more? You should check out the 360o tangle-free underwater rotation swivel system and the amazing design. The Dolphin Premier Robotic is designed to detect any obstacles including ladders and drains.
Embedded in this cleaner are different media to clean up every kind of dirt from leaves to algae. Costing about 5 cents to operate per hour, this is one of the most energy-efficient swimming pool vacuum cleaners. Did we mention that this cleaner gives you the liberty to choose when it works, daily, twice or thrice weekly, etc?
Polaris F9550 Sports Robotic
If you are in search of a heavy-duty pool vacuum cleaner robot that’s got 4-wheel-drive, the Polaris F9550 Sports is your best bet. With its aqua dynamics and 4-wheel-drive system, it can climb over and overcome any hindrance, cleaning a pool that is 60 feet long in minutes. There’s even a remote control empowering you to clean the most difficult sections to reach.
A single touch is all that is needed for its easy lift system to ensure the cleaner is driven up the surface to cleanse the water inside the pool automatically. That’s asides the fact that the F9550 can be programmed seven days in advance. There’s also the advantage of personalizing cleaning cycles into a tile only mode. This way, the device focuses on cleaning the waterline.
To easily get rid of accumulated debris, Polaris incorporated an easy clean filter. You’ll just need to shake and spray the canister, it’s that simple. Finally, the cable is immune to tangling while cleaning due to the presence of the Tangle-Reducing Swivel.
Kreepy Krauly Prowler
Kreepy Krauly must sound strange to you, it did to us at first till we understood the origin. The name was derived from the webbed-nozzle of the cleaner which crawls through the floor of the pool creepily. Then there is the creepy noise the machine makes as it cleans the pool.
It is a great option if you are in need of a pool vacuum cleaner robot that offers deep-cleansing services. The vacuum system is designed for high-speed and intense cleaning while the top-access filter basket makes it easy to get rid of accumulated debris.
If you have an above ground pool then this is one of your best options. It can clean a pool that is up to 40 feet in length and is wired to shut down after 90 minutes of use. After this, you just need to run it a second time and you’ll have a sparkling clean pool.
This is regarded as the best swimming pool vacuum robot cleaner to help you save money at a price of less than $500.
Hayward RC9955 Tigershark Plus
This is a pool vacuum cleaner robot that lives up to its name Heyward Tigershark plus. Like the tiger sharks, this pool cleaner is built that last and work beyond imagination.
You will enjoy the high score of ease of use of this swimming pool robot vacuum cleaner.
It comes with a wireless handheld remote with which you can use to guide the cleaner to the pool areas where ordinarily your hands cannot get to. Also, it has a powerful onboard vacuum pump that sucks up filthy dirt and debris easily.
The ease of maintaining this pool cleaner is one of the reasons it lasts very long. Using a unique cartridge filter system you can clean up this cleaner. By simply removing the unit’s cartridge and washing it down with a garden hose.
This pool vacuum cleaner robot works independently of the pool’s main pump and filtration system. And this reduces the frequency of the filter backwash cycles
Heyward Tigershark RC9955 highly rated, and reliable although it lacks the swivel cord feature making it prone to have tangled cables if caught in the roller
While the Tigershark Plus has a large enough capacity for day to day and week to week clean-ups, it doesn’t do so well when it comes to spring cleaning the swimming pool – you’ll find yourself having to clean the cartridge way too many times since it is likely to fill up quite quickly, which might be a deal-breaker for some people if they’re looking for a once in a while maintenance pool cleaner.
Now that you have our top five picks, we thought it wise to provide you some really important info about pool vacuum cleaner robot.
Defining Robotic Pool Cleaner
This is an automatically operated vacuum cleaner designed to pick up sediment, algae, and debris from swimming pools. The great distinction about this cleaner is that it works with little or no human intervention.
This is just one of the many types of swimming pool vacuum cleaners. However, it has distinctive features that make it different from the others. The aim is simple, ensure the pool is sparkling clean in record time with almost no effort from the owner.
How Does a Pool Vacuum Cleaner Robot Work?
A swimming pool vacuum robot cleaner requires minimal intervention from the owner. Anyways, that’s why it is a robot.
This is very different from the operation of suction pool cleaners as they operate independently of the pool’s filtration and main pump system. To guide them around the nukes and crannies of a pool, the robot comes with certain software and embedded features.
To make it easier, they come with their own filtration system which works as a secondary filter during the cleaning process. Asides being smart, a couple of them can be controlled by a remote as well.
They possess a built-in cartridge which ensures that debris and dirt are collected effectively. It is no secret that they are the most expensive pool cleaners on the market. However, when you consider the advantages they bring to the table, they are definitely worth the money spent.
Benefits of Swimming Pool Vacuum Robot Cleaner
This post will be incomplete without telling you why you should get yourself a pool vacuum cleaner robot. The advantages of these devices are immense but we will take a look at a few.
- Ease of use. Cleaning your pool must be hard work, everyone has to admit that. Add that to the regular household chores and you almost don’t want a pool anymore. If you have no help, then you just want to do without this luxury. These robot cleaners were designed to take all that stress off your shoulders. They work without any human intervention so you can just put them to work and go about your business. Most of them come with a feature that makes them go off after working for a while. They are smart so they can navigate through your pool unaided.
- Save cost. You must be wondering how since we have already stated that they are costly. The cost advantage lies in the fact that they consume very low energy and barely have any running costs. This makes it easy to maintain your pool at a very cost after the initial purchase. You don’t need to buy any extra filtration pumps as they come with their inbuilt filtration systems. This saves your equipment from wear and tear and ultimately saves your pocket from maintenance costs.
- Top-notch cleaning services all year long. Truth be told, these cleaners will put a lot of professional pool cleaners out of job. But when you consider how much you pay them, you’ll pay less for your robot in the long run. Added to that, you’ll enjoy better services anytime you need it using your device.
Swimming Pool vacuum Robot Cleaner Round-Up
By now you must have figured out how to choose a pool vacuum cleaner robot. One thing you must keep in mind is your unique need and how much you can afford. We have suggested a list for you to work with to help you get an efficient swimming pool vacuum robot cleaner.